[pure-silver] Re: Developing Univex ultrachrome No. 00 film

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <BKarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 21:27:37 -0500

I'll you all know how they turned out. Maybe get at least one roll of six and I'll be happy.

Cheers,
Bogdan

On 05/02/2012 5:52 PM, BOB KISS wrote:

*DEAR MICHAEL,*

* If you mean Panatomic X when you say Pan X you should be developing it in D-76 straight, especially if you find them flat. As per Richard Knoppow, Steve Anchell, et alia, D-76 straight is actually a finer grain developer than 1:1 and, if your problem is lack of contrast, the straight should kick that up a bit.*

* Last week I posted the fact that, for 20 years in my NYC studio, I processed mostly Panatomic X (35 mm and 120) in a straight D-76 3 ½ gallon line. The results were brilliant. The vast majority of my black and white shots for INTERVIEW magazine were Pan-x 1210 or 35mm processed in this line. The 35mm yielded full page images (from 16X20 prints) with no grain and INTERVIEW is that large tabloid format.*

* As Pan X is already a fine grain film, you should get some really nice, snappy results in D-76 straight. *

* Let me know what you get. I REALLY miss Pan-X!!! Loved that film!*

*                        CHEERS!*

*                                    BOB*

**