[pure-silver] Re: Developing Univex ultrachrome No. 00 film

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <BKarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 17:05:24 -0500

Hi Eric,

Thanks for responding....  I take it the restrainer is the Benzotriazole?

So 7-12 min in stock D-76.

I seem to remember reading that old films loose some of their contrast, hence their softness (?) So wouldn't the longer development time (12min) help what contrast is left?

Cheers,
Bogdan

On 05/02/2012 4:19 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
I think in discussions of old film processing the adding of a restrainer was not recommended. There will be fog more than likely but a restrainer probably won't help.
a 7-12 minute development will probably be OK.