[pure-silver] Re: Detail of Old Rollei Case

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:23:26 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin magid" <martin.magid@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Pure Silver" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:43 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Detail of Old Rollei Case

Richard, I have a fully intact case that came with my Rollei Standard. The case clasps in the front, and when opened the front falls downward, and the camera is fully operable. The strap on the top has two clasps, which detach so that the long part of the strap can be removed, and the two short ends can be reattached. Therefore, the case can be used with a shoulder strap, or with a hand strap. On the bottom of the case there is merely a hole for the camera's tripod mount to show through. I've never put it on a tripod with the case, so I don't know how satisfactory that would be.

When the front clasp is undone, the words "*Patent Brevete*" can be seen stamped on the metal piece attached to the front of the case (with an accent
grave over the last e).

If you would like photos of the case, I can manage that easily. Just let me
know.

Marty

Thanks Marty, I have to find my case but I am sure it had a leather strip across the front about where the "Rolleiflex" name is on the camera. It also has a hole in the bottom. It may be that its supposed to have a tripod adaptor there to hold the camera in the case more securely than it would be held by just the knobs and crank.
   There may have been variations of the case.