[pure-silver] Re: Darkrooms

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:20:34 -0500

Tried several times and finally got in  :)

Cheers,
Bogdan

Bogdan Karasek wrote:

Hi Tim,

Tried your URL but I get a message saying that <www.tundraware.com> can't be found :(

Anybody else having trouble accessing the site or is it just me???

Cheers,
Bogdan

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Mark Blackwell wrote:
Well one thing I have found over the years is that almost every
place I have ever worked I wished there was something different than
the way it is. Never built one totally from scratch though that was
a totally dedicated to being a darkroom.

I would be interested in knowing what nits, you know those nagging
things we all deal with in our darkrooms, that were either
unavoidable or caused by something we thought we needed and didn't
or something we really didn't we didn't think we did.

I built my "dream" darkroom a number of years ago and thought I'd
gotten everything I wanted:

 http://www.tundraware.com/Photography/Darkroom/

I mostly nailed it, but there are still things I wish I had -
most of them involve having more space:

- A large, separate sink for cleaning up and washing trays, etc.

- The current sink is about 6' long, I wish it were twice that
 so I didn't have to use tray ladders.

- The sink should have been wider (10" or so) to make it easier
 to process 20x24 prints.

- A longer dry side for more cabinets and negative storage

- A second drain at the other end of the sink.

 Bogdan Karasek
 Montréal, Québec                     bogdan(at)bogdanphoto.com
 Canada                               www.bogdanphoto.com

                    "I bear witness"