[pure-silver] Re: D 76

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:36:51 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 4:33 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] D 76

  Hi,

Quick question. I have some film I am going to develop. 2 rolls of Delta 400 and 4 sheets of 4x5 of FP4. I have 1L of D76 mixed up (homemade) and I would like to know if I will exhaust the D76 on either the 4x5 sheets or the 2 rolls of 120. I want to first develop the 120 and then dump the remaining D76 in the tray for the 4x5. Will I have run out of developer after the 120
?

  Thanks

   What volume of developer are you using?
The D-76 data sheet states that the capacity of full strength developer is 16 8x10 sheets or rolls of 120 film per gallon with the development time to be increased after each four rolls or sheets. The developer reaction products act as restrainers so there will be less fog but also less shadow detail as more film is processed.
   The capacity of developer diluted 1:1 is half the above.
The D-76 data sheet is J-78, I believe it is still on the Kodak web site.

---