[pure-silver] Re: Copying b&w 35mm negs w/bellows/slide copier

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:04:20 +0100

I was recently given several cubic feet of AGFA Orthopan 25 both 35mm
and 120.

It's old but was kept in a fridge for years and I have used it to good
results.

If anyone needs some, drop me a line.

Also: the SPUR films have a clear base. I believe SPUR 32DX or somesuch
was the name. I used some of it last year ands it was incredibly nice
and sharp.

Love,
Snoopy

On 01/10/2011 11:58 AM, Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
> "Claudio Bonavolta" <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The problem is to find now a film with a
>> sufficiently clear base as most of the
>> technical films have disappeared
>> (Agfa Ortho 25, Technical Pan, ...).
>
> The correct film may be Eastman 5302 Fine Grain Release Positive, used
> for making movie prints from negatives.  5302 is available from Kodak
> directly. Richard Knoppow knows more, I am sure.
>
> I have used Adox ORT25 with rather 'so what' results.
>
> A contact printer is used rather than a slide duplicator - the most
> common is a Leitz ELIDA.
>
> The topic comes up with the normal 3 year Usenet regularity.  Google for
> more.
>
> ==
> Nicholas O. Lindan
> Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
> Cleveland, Ohio 44121

"Ceterum censeo, digitalem esse delendam"