[pure-silver] Re: Contact Prints

  • From: matthew gaylen <mgaylen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:11:59 -0500

Cut the negatives. Put them in little 6x6 glassine envelopes. Contact printing yields the highest acuity (I love that word). Also, you'll get to use AZO which is the coolest developer on the planet, if not the most toxic and hardest to use - it does produce the best prints imaginable. Michael and Paula can get you started in the right direction with AZO.

good luck,

--
joe suburbs the post modern hyper rural sub urban anti hero and vertiginous surrealist

On Sep 9, 2005, at 9:17 PM, Ritab19106@xxxxxxx wrote:

I am considering making contact prints of my 120 negatives. Although some may think that prints that small are a bit too precious, I think it may in fact suit some of my pictures. My question is whether the special beauty of a contact print is lost or compromised if the negative is not actually in contact with paper while printing, but rather is placed in the negative carrier, as one does when making an enlargement? I'd like to avoid cutting my negatives if possible.

Thanks,

Rita