[pure-silver] Re: Cachet Eco Washer: Prints Floating To Top Lip

  • From: Myron Gochnauer <goch@xxxxxx>
  • To: Pure Silver group <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 00:10:53 +0000

With the print washers I’ve constructed and purchased this usually was a result
of small bubbles adhering to the surface of the print. With some washers I
had/have purpose-made hold-downs made of plexiglass (like two coarse combs
running across the dividers, with the flat-bottomed “teeth” going just below
the surface of the water).

I seem to recall that warmer water was more likely to produce floaters. My
water treatment system for iron injects air into the water and that might be a
contributing factor too.

I suspect there are other factors, too, but air bubbles were my recurring
problem.

Myron