[pure-silver] Re: BAN #2 PENCILS IN THE DARKROOM OR ELSE!!!

  • From: "Gary W. Marklund" <Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:26:54 -0700

Use a Sanford Draughting pencil #02237 from Light Impressions.

Gary

At 07:08 AM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
I assume you mean you write on the paper pre-process and you see it in the dark area post process. (Without stacking them.)

Right.

 If so, this is emulsion pressure sensitivity.

Solutions:
Try using softer lead pencil
Don't push as hard when writing.
Use a sharpie.

OK, I'll try that. I was worried that a sharpie might show through even more though.

Tell Ilford they have an emulsion sensitivity problem.

Oh, BTW, are the numbers in the dark area lighter or darker?

Lighter.

--Shannon (scourge of hypocritical feminists and overly hard pencils everywhere)