[pure-silver] Re: 60 mm WA Enlarging Lens on an Omega B-8

  • From: Bob Younger <ryounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:04:30 -0700

Ken,

Probably would. But I'd also like to see if the lighting was even across
the whole print. Of course you could do this as well with a meter; just
divide the area of the print into say, 2x2" squares, and measure the light
in each square. This approach is actually FAR more quantitative than making
a print. It just doesn't necessarily provide you with the visual
understanding of what's going on. You're going to have to interpret what
the readings mean. On the other hand, the readings with a meter AND the
print get you BOTH!! You'll understand what variations in the quantitative
measures make a noticeable difference in the print values.

Bob Younger