[pure-silver] Re: 60 mm WA Enlarging Lens on an Omega B-8

  • From: Bob Younger <ryounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:28:30 -0700

One suggestion.
Put in a negative and focus as though you're going to make a 16x20 print.
Take out the negative and make a 16x20 print such that the center of the
print is middle grey. Develop normally. Wash.
Now look at it and see if there is any noticeable fall-off at the edges
and/or corners. Better yet, use a reflective densitometer to measure
reflectances across the print. Now (assuming that everything's even) you
can make prints without worrying about uneven light across the print. On
the other hand, if you find that there is unevenness, you can make a couple
of other tests and determine what percentage of fall-off you need to
compensate for to get an even print.
Have fun.
Bob Younger