[puduvailug] Re: printer installations - Reg

  • From: Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 15:12:59 +0530

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM, swaminadane M.A <swaminadane.ma@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi,
>             I am new to ubuntu. I have installed ubuntu 11.10 in lap. i
> had connected all the windows machine in lap by using samba server.  Can
> some one pls clarrify the below said doubts.
>
> 1. all machines are windows in my company. 1 machine having printer and it
> is shared. I want to use the printer. But how?

Go to System Settings and find Printer, and you need to find and configure
the manufacturer of your printer if the system doesn't automatically
configure it.

> 2. In windows the task bar is used to show and open multiple application
> in the bottom, and can be switch over to alt + tab. in ubuntu by how.

In Ubuntu 11.10, for each application being opened you can find them in the
Unity Bar at the left panel on the desktop. You can also use the same ' alt
+ tab ' to switch between multiple applications

> 3. how to bring the terminal by right click

Instead of right click you can have a shortcut for Terminal, Go to System
Settings and find Keyboard Shortcuts or right click on the Terminal icon
and then select properties and then select shortcut.

> 4. how many terminal at the max i can able to use.

I hope there are no such restrictions.. You can also use multiple tabs in
terminal rather than using multiple windows for terminal.

--
Regards,
Prasanna Venkadesh

FOSS Jobs all over India: http://fossjobs.in