[puduvailug] Re: Minutes of Meeting - SFD Preparation

  • From: Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: puduvailug <puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:09:24 +0530

Forgot to mention the date. We shall celebrate SFD on 20.9.2015 (Sunday).

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 8:36 PM, Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

As already planned and gave a call yesterday, we had our meetup today at
Pondicherry beach.

First thing everyone acknowledged was the fact that we have delayed this
meetup. We should have organized this meetup and should have started our
discussion a month earlier. But anyway, we are all activists and volunteers
here, so we have to adjust our time accordingly.

Leaving that aside, based on the discussion and suggestions from the
meetup, this is what we thought we could be able to do for this software
freedom day with the short period to plan & act.

Dividing the celebration into 2 parts.

1. Morning Session, where it is open for anyone, but mostly targeted
to a computer literate crowd (i.e students). Again the morning session is
divided into two parts.
- Talks - (Why Free Software?, Surveillance, Net Neutrality,
General discussions)
- Stalls - (GNU/Linux Installation, Tor, Multimedia, Office suite,
Gaming, new stalls are also welcome)
2. Evening Session will be a public outreach event, planned to show
some demonstrations to general public, still skeptical since we need to
acquire for police permission.

Morning session is confirm for sure and Murugavel took the responsibility
of confirming the venue by Monday evening.
Below are the list of activists who attended the meetup,

1. Uppuli
2. Karthikeyan
3. Balu
4. Naveen
5. Sarath
6. Maniraj
7. Murugavel
8. Rahul
9. Myself

P.S: I typed this in a hurry, I am out of internet, so forgive if there
are any typos and if I have missed anything from the minutes of meetup,
please do add here.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Prasanna Venkadesh.