[puduvailug] Re: Minutes of Meeting - SFD Preparation

  • From: PRABHU <datatycoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 16:31:23 +0530

at present i am in mahe visited 17 government schools for an inspection and
found most of the schools are using ubuntu 10.04 as OS along with windows
7 they said its in syllabus will try to get more info soon

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 6:14 PM, S.Ramaseshan Mukund <
ramaseshanmukund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks @pras :-)

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Balaji Ravichandran <rbalajives@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:

If possible,we can include the members from IFET Glug to put up some
stalls in SFD at Pondy, as it is their first SFD celebration.

On 14 September 2015 at 16:22, Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:18 AM, S.Ramaseshan Mukund <
ramaseshanmukund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Guys,
Just made it to pondy last night.
I should be available for the whole of this week here, and should be
available in the evenings all days.

Welcome back Ram :-D

I will sync up from the next meetup.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 9:32 AM, Sindhuja S <sindhuja0505@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I request @harthi to confirm no. of stalls from your college.
Especially from women participants.

Regards,
Sindhu

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Prasanna Venkadesh <
prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Forgot to mention the date. We shall celebrate SFD on 20.9.2015
(Sunday).

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 8:36 PM, Prasanna Venkadesh <
prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As already planned and gave a call yesterday, we had our meetup
today at Pondicherry beach.

First thing everyone acknowledged was the fact that we have delayed
this meetup. We should have organized this meetup and should have
started
our discussion a month earlier. But anyway, we are all activists and
volunteers here, so we have to adjust our time accordingly.

Leaving that aside, based on the discussion and suggestions from the
meetup, this is what we thought we could be able to do for this software
freedom day with the short period to plan & act.

Dividing the celebration into 2 parts.

1. Morning Session, where it is open for anyone, but mostly
targeted to a computer literate crowd (i.e students). Again the
morning
session is divided into two parts.
- Talks - (Why Free Software?, Surveillance, Net Neutrality,
General discussions)
- Stalls - (GNU/Linux Installation, Tor, Multimedia, Office
suite, Gaming, new stalls are also welcome)
2. Evening Session will be a public outreach event, planned to
show some demonstrations to general public, still skeptical since we
need
to acquire for police permission.

Morning session is confirm for sure and Murugavel took the
responsibility of confirming the venue by Monday evening.
Below are the list of activists who attended the meetup,

1. Uppuli
2. Karthikeyan
3. Balu
4. Naveen
5. Sarath
6. Maniraj
7. Murugavel
8. Rahul
9. Myself

P.S: I typed this in a hurry, I am out of internet, so forgive if
there are any typos and if I have missed anything from the minutes of
meetup, please do add here.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Prasanna Venkadesh.