RE: Plextalk Pocket and 32GB SD Cards

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 19:55:52 +0100

Hi Pele,

I don't know the answer to your specific question but, assuming that the
information hasn't been upgraded much since the manual was written
initially, the following text is copied from the manual and states the
limits on number of files and folders.  Unfortunately, your problem would
indicate that you appear to be within the limits mentioned.  Is there any
chance that there is a folder which goes lower than the sixth folder level
anywhere?:

Other than this I have no suggestions.

Regards,

Jamie

*****Extract begins:

Restrictions on numbers of files and folders:

*       The maximum number of files that can be stored in a folder is 1024.
Files in excess of 1024 are not recognized.
*       The maximum number of folders is 1024, including a root folder.
Folders in excess of 1024 are not recognized.
*       PLEXTALK treats file folders as albums and recognizes up to 6
hierarchies.
*       If a folder contains a DAISY book, PLEXTALK does not search the
contents under the folder.

Note:  When there are a large number of folders, PLEXTALK may take longer to
read the SD card or USB information.

*****Extract ends.