RE: Need to break up mp3

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 21:53:40 +0100

Hi Penny,

Just to clarify things a bit as I think you might be getting a crossed wire
here.  If you own a PTR2, you don't need to pay for the PRS software - you
simply need to download it from the site and install it.  It's only if you
only have a Plextalk Pocket, or indeed no hardware device, that you need to
purchase the PRS Pro software separately.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

The PRS software would certainly allow you to generate separate MP3 files
for each track in the situation you describe - you would want to use the
"Audio Export" feature once you've installed the software and ensured that
the project is split up appropriately.  One thing to note is that the
software will not install unless the PTR2 is physically connected to the
computer at that time.  After it is installed, you then don't need to have
it connected when using the software subsequently.

Lastly, in reply to one of your other questions about how easy is the
software to learn - I think it is fairly straightforward if you are happy to
have a go.  I'd be happy to guide you further either on or off the list if
that would be useful.  It is certainly far easier and quicker to edit a
DAISY recording with the software than it is on the PTR2 itself.

Regards,

Jamie