Navigation by time on the Pocket

  • From: Peter Bosher <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:55:40 +0100

Hi All,

The new firmware for the PTP1, now version 2.01, is a real improvement in many ways over version 1, so my thanks to Plextalk.

Sadly though the issue of moving by time within long MP3 files is still not resolved. Suppose I need to jump forward three minutes. There are two ways I might do it: either jump forward by a minute three times. This takes around fifty seconds to do. Alternatively, I jump forward by five minutes, and back twice by one minute. This takes around one minute to do.

On the competition players, I can simply set my time jump to a minute and do click click click, or even jump to a precise point by typing in the time, e.g. 5930 to go to fifty-nine minutes thirty.

Marc, Please could you try to have this issue addressed as a priority in the next upgrade?

Could others maybe confirm that it's a really important issue or write with any suggestions?

Best,

Peter

--

*******