RE: Background noise setting

  • From: "George Kerscher" <kerscher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 16:55:48 -0600

Hello,

The Plextalk hardware and software tries to detect pauses in reading; this
is like a period at the end of a sentence. The background noise can effect
this detection. Also the duration of the pause can be set. Some people
naturally come to a long full stop at the end of a sentence and others make
it fairly short.

I also think that the length of time for automatic insertion of a heading
can be set. If you are doing an A2D transfer, if you play with this, you can
get some good  navigation points. Of course, I have messed this up and got a
ton toooo many headings inserted.

Recording meetings or lectures, I normally manually insert those headings.

Best
George