RE: Advice required aboutPlextalk PTR1

  • From: "frank cuta" <cuta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:20:37 -0700

Bob,

Typically if the microphone is an electrette condenser it will last
around 6 months.  If your microphone is the one with the amplified out
put that you can plug into the high level  input  on the ptr1 then the
batteries will not last this long -- although since mine have not yet
died I can't tell you exactly how much shorter it will be.

There is no way to moniter the battery's level while they are in the
microphone.  You can remove it and use any one of the inexpensive
audible battery testers that are available or pay $200 for an omega
talking volt meter.

Frank