[pskmail] Re: pskmailers,shiptrack

  • From: "David Vrona" <dave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:42:40 -0500

What would you like to see?

On 2/11/07, Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

It seems I can query the database at aprsworld and that way get the
servers:

http://db.aprsworld.net/datamart/switch.php?call=PSKAPRS&table=message&search=Search

When I have the list of servers its easy to get their respective
positions. But, perhaps one could approach the aprsworld project and
create a more optimized query ?

73 de Per, sm0rwo

sön 2007-02-11 klockan 19:12 +0100 skrev Rein Couperus:
> Hmmm... I have tried to tackle this one but I can forget that here. The
wifi will not support an  APRS stream, let alone a full bandwidth one. So
someone else will have to bite the bullet.

> You need to connect to the full APRS stream (e.g. telnet rotate.aprs.net10151
or telnet
ahubswe.net 2023), and send a user CALL pass NUMBER.
> The number is generated in the server, and is different for every CALL.
That will verify you as a user.
> You can connect only to one sAPRS erver with 1 callsign, so ue an SSID
(PA0R-1).

> Then just grep the messages with PSKAPRS to a file... that will get you
started. I can help with the regexps to pull the data out, but I cannot
access the data where I am.

> The pskmail servers are now connected to a limited stream containing
only messages (inbound) to enable messaging. Outbound the position is sent
to the backbone. I have done this to leave some bandwidth for your XYL when
she wants to chat with her friends....

> 73,
>
> Rein EA/PA0R/P
>
> PS: I will take away the client-server linkup requirement on inbound
position messages...

foreseen these requirements coming a few years ago :)

> > > All information is available on the APRS backbone, which all servers
are connected to.
> > > It is just a matter of grepping the right messages, logging them and
putting them into a database.
> > > I will have a look at the greps, and we can see later on where we
put the data base. Pskmail.org is an option (but we have some problems
with the hosting), and I would also be glad to give somebody an
opportunity...

--
Pär Crusefalk
Turnévägen 5