[pskmail] Re: [pskmail] Re: pskmail/tty port to PocketDigi, info needed

  • From: Vojtěch Bubník <bubnikv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 00:34:12 +0100 (CET)

Hi John.

I am pondering of porting flARQ to PocketDigi. I find it very useful to
backpackers for sending things like their travel logs or small images. After
this port is done, I would like to try to extend it by memory ARQ and increase
hamming distance of control packets.

> The interface with the GPS could be identical to the one used in Linux
> through a serial port (real or virtual as with Bluetooth). Regarding the
> modem speed, PSK63 as available in PocketDigi is already quite useable for
> position reporting and small emails and maybe faster speeds like psk125 or
> 250 may be added later on if processor speed and other timing issues allow
> it.

I will not implement it as it would probably be used by a marginal number of
HAMs only. You are free to implement it yourself.

73, Vojtech OK1IAK