[pskmail] <kein Betreff>

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:03:32 +0200

The power of pskmail...
===============

I have been quite busy writing and testing the new SSL POP / Gmail version of
pskmail this week.
For this I had set up a server on my shack computer (PA0R-1) connected to the
Ten Tec ORION.
The ORION was set to its lowest possible power (1 Watt) and connected to the
spider beam (20/15/10)...

I had reduced the power of the client, an FT897D to 5 Watts, the minimum it
will run, and started testing...

I was stunned to see the complete testing procedure errorless in the log of
PI4TUE on 10.148 MHz, which is some
20 km away (ground wave) , including the 1 Watt transmissions of the server...

I was even more excited when I saw a large part of the proceedings (the minutes
it was on the qrg, as it was scanning) in the log of SM0RWO, 1500 km away.
Including the server transmissions with 1 Watt/no proper antenna!!!

Talking about system power....