[pskmail] Re: fldigi issues

  • From: per@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thur, 16 Jul 2009 21:55:11 CST

PSKmail message from per@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I see that I have posted that message three times. Sri abt that, I forgot to
hit the "empty mail queue" menu option in jpskmail. While on that subject I
feel I should really use an external email client.

As I lack threading I'll reply to the questions as I remember them:

1. Alternatives to fldigi
Well, just for the record: I think fldigi is very good and replacing it is
difficult. Perhaps we should not limit ourselves to only fldigi and propose the
pskmail interface to other authors? Its just a socket interface with a few xml
commands, its very simple.
What has been done is a port of just the fldigi modem part. I don't know the
status of that at the moment but it would provide a modem we could integrate
that would not need x.

2. java alternative
Very interesting, I'd like to discuss thus further but its easier to do so when
I get back home.

Time to go to the sauna here so 73 de Per, oh0/sm0rwo