[pskmail] Re: Ubuntu

  • From: Eric Davenport <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 14:14:30 -0400

I am sorry I need to check my spelling better it should be

In the ~/pskmail_server-1.7.1 folder execute cd scripts
Then execute ls -l
Look at the install.sh and libinstall.sh make sure that the left side contains x in addition to the drw's.
If they do not execute sudo chmod +x *.sh
then try and execute the install.sh with ./install.sh

See if that works

Eric

On 5/24/2012 1:52 PM, Eric Davenport wrote:
Glenn

In the ~/pskmail_server-1.7.1 folder do cd scripts
Then do ls -l
Look at the install.sh and libinstall.sh make sure that the left side contains x in addition to the drw's if they do not so sudo chmod +x *.sh
then try and execute thi install.sh with ./install.sh

Eric

On 5/24/2012 11:19 AM, Glenn Roeser wrote:
Thanks both Eric and Bernard, still no results, when I open the install file and follow these directions I arrive at: glenn@ubuntu:~/pskmail_server-1.7.1$ sudo ./install.sh <enter> Then the result is - command not found ...the same goes when I try sudo ./libinstall.sh <enter> - command not found.

These results are why other hams just give up. I will agree that it is most likely something that I am doing wrong. But, for the non-hacker/ non - IT person/ non - computer science major - it is extremely frustrating and difficult. If in fact myself and the other hams like myself, are following the instructions correctly, then as Per discovered the other day, when I couldn't upload email, _the information on the wiki is wrong._
I do thank everyone for their help, and I'm not giving up yet.
Very 73, Glenn

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Eric Davenport <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Glenn,

    I do not think that you installed the server.

    As I recall it is not an executable in its downloaded state.

    You need to issue open a terminal in the folder containing the
    file you downloaded and issue the following command.

    Change to Root using the sudo command
    then issue chmod +x {The name of the Print Server installer file}
    then execute the Print Server installer

    In addition here are some of my notes on my experiences with
    1.7.1 take from a message I submitted to the list.

    I converted KZ5ED-30 server from 1.6.0 to 1.7.1 last night.

    A couple of observations.

    It does not honor the NO500 directive and will transmit and
    change to 500 in spite of fldigi having all 500 transmit rsid and
    receive rsid disabled.

    I ended up going into the rflinkserver.pl
    <http://rflinkserver.pl> and commenting all reference to PSK500
    and changing them to PSK250.

    The KZ5ED-30 server has been down for two weeks do to work travel
    constraints and antenna work but we will be back up soon.

    73

    Eric

    On 5/24/2012 10:34 AM, Glenn Roeser wrote:
    Yes Bernard, I did right after I downloaded the Ubuntu it updated.

    On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Bernard Dekok
    <kc9sgv@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kc9sgv@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Hi Glenn,

        Have you done all the updates for Ubuntu via the Update
        Manager ?

        KC9SGV

        On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Glenn Roeser
        <wb2lmv@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:wb2lmv@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

            Per,
            I have downloaded:

              Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS

            I have the fldigi running ok, I downloaded
            pskmail_server-1.7.1   I then followed these instructions:

              Download the *PSKMail Server* from the website:
              http://pskmail.org/PSKMaildownloads.html
              Look for pskmail_server-1.5.3.tar.gz (or the latest
              stable version.)

              In the Downloads Folder: Right click the .tar file -
              move to home folder.
              In the Home Folder: Right click the .tar file -
              extract here.
              In the Home Folder: Right click the orange
              PSKMail-server-1.5.x file
              In PSKMail_server: Double click Install - Click Run in
              terminal.
              Enter sudo password - (Should/could be the same as
              your Ubuntu Linux password) <Enter>

              Open a terminal (File>Open terminal or Dash Home, type
              "Terminal" or double click on a terminal icon.)
              Type pskmail_server <Enter>

            At this point I receive this: pskmail_server command not
            found  ....everything had gone smoothly up until this point.
            Please help! (-=  Glenn WB2LMV

-- KZ5ED
    Eric
    ewdavenport@xxxxxxxxxx  <mailto:ewdavenport@xxxxxxxxxx>