[pskmail] Re: Ubuntu

  • From: Eric Davenport <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:45:48 -0400

Glenn,

I do not think that you installed the server.

As I recall it is not an executable in its downloaded state.

You need to issue open a terminal in the folder containing the file you downloaded and issue the following command.

Change to Root using the sudo command
then issue chmod +x {The name of the Print Server installer file}
then execute the Print Server installer

In addition here are some of my notes on my experiences with 1.7.1 take from a message I submitted to the list.

I converted KZ5ED-30 server from 1.6.0 to 1.7.1 last night.

A couple of observations.

It does not honor the NO500 directive and will transmit and change to 500 in spite of fldigi having all 500 transmit rsid and receive rsid disabled.

I ended up going into the rflinkserver.pl and commenting all reference to PSK500 and changing them to PSK250.

The KZ5ED-30 server has been down for two weeks do to work travel constraints and antenna work but we will be back up soon.

73

Eric

On 5/24/2012 10:34 AM, Glenn Roeser wrote:
Yes Bernard, I did right after I downloaded the Ubuntu it updated.

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Bernard Dekok <kc9sgv@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kc9sgv@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Glenn,

    Have you done all the updates for Ubuntu via the Update Manager ?

    KC9SGV

    On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Glenn Roeser <wb2lmv@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:wb2lmv@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Per,
        I have downloaded:

          Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS

        I have the fldigi running ok, I downloaded
        pskmail_server-1.7.1   I then followed these instructions:

          Download the *PSKMail Server* from the website:
          http://pskmail.org/PSKMaildownloads.html
          Look for pskmail_server-1.5.3.tar.gz (or the latest stable
          version.)

          In the Downloads Folder: Right click the .tar file - move to
          home folder.
          In the Home Folder: Right click the .tar file - extract here.
          In the Home Folder: Right click the orange
          PSKMail-server-1.5.x file
          In PSKMail_server: Double click Install - Click Run in terminal.
          Enter sudo password - (Should/could be the same as your
          Ubuntu Linux password) <Enter>

          Open a terminal (File>Open terminal or Dash Home, type
          "Terminal" or double click on a terminal icon.)
          Type pskmail_server <Enter>

        At this point I receive this: pskmail_server command not found
         ....everything had gone smoothly up until this point.
        Please help! (-=  Glenn WB2LMV

--
KZ5ED
Eric