[pskmail] Re: USB soundcards

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 21:20:28 +0200

On tor, 2008-08-14 at 20:47 +0200, Rein Couperus wrote:
> I have cured it several times with using PortAudio and fixed samplerate of
> 48000 Hz.
> Not used USB sound card though, I have tried several but was not able to
> control
> the volume. Strange enough USB sound cards do work ok with skype, they seem
> to have
> a propriatory driver?
>
> 73
>
> Rein PA0R
>
> (preparing client version 1.0)

Thanks Rein,

Must be a common problem as both you and Ed suggest the same solution, I
will try setting 48 kHz. I have no problem setting the volume, I do have
a problem setting the input level but I can work around that.
I did try skype and that worked fine too.

73 de Per

P.s. Packing for a trip to VK2 next week.