[pskmail] THOR decoding in jPskmail V2 and AndPskmail

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 10:21:40 +1100

Hi Rein,

I have done more checking on the THOR modem and I have had a case on an
Android phone where the THOR22 decoding would only take place in burst,
then it would be garbage for 10 to 20 characters, then decode another burst
of 10 or so characters, and so on.

Is this the issue you are seeing?

In my case I had very high CPU load on the device so I thought that was the
reason as it would skip some audio data, but strangely enough it sorted
itself out later on.

So there may be an issue there.

I can't see that problem in any of the other modems.

Regards,

John