[pskmail] Re: Sound card config?

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 17:43:09 +0200

Luck, you might try the following sequence:

* disconnect the TRX
* set the gMFSK mode to PSK31
* get the audio mixer up
* connect headphones or speaker to output of soundcard
* switch gMFSK to transmit with the red lightning icon
* adjust  master output volume
* adjust PCM level

You should now hear the PSK31 tone, and the soundcard works.

* set capture controls like
- microphone
- capture level
and be sure the mike input of the soundcard is switched on.

* goto gMFSK settings -> waterfall -> setting and adjust amplitude and ref.
level until you see noise on the waterfall.
* now connect TRX output to soundcard and go listen on 14.070 MHz, there are
plenty of PSK31 signals there
* You should see them on the waterfall.

* Adjust amplitude levels and waterfall until the psk31 signals decode
correctly.

* Connect soundcard output to TRX input and adjust level for wanted output
(max. 50 Watts barefoot).

That should be all.... switch to PSK63 and enjoy pskmail...

Hope this helps.

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com