[pskmail] Re: Sorry, Wrong password.

  • From: Steve <stevez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 21:42:57 +1000

G'day John,

I've deleted the rflinkusers/rflink_users.db file while testing and this seems to make it work for one connection. The very next connection causes the sorry, wrong password error on issuing ~QTC. It's very strange. I am currently going through the rflinkserver.pl code to work out how I can remove this password checking all together. Before I do, I'll try the ~RESETPASSWORD thing.
I wonder, does this really add any security though?

The client / server talking over each other is another _very_ frustrating thing. Am I the only one seeing this?

Thanks John.

Steve.

On 05/07/2012 09:31 PM, John Douyere wrote:

Hi Ian and Steve,

The session password is there to prevent another user from using your stored details on a server to read your mail or send email on your behalf.

The situation I believe you are in is that the session password in the client does not match the one in the server and therefore does not let you change the session password, which is logical otherwise it would defeat the purpose.

The solution is either a manual delete of the client's record in the server with the rflinkserver.pl <http://rflinkserver.pl> routine or a ~RESETPASSWORD issued from the client followed by an update server which should update the email details and the session password.

If you want we can have a 600Ohms or Skype session to get you going.

73, John

On 07/05/2012 8:28 PM, "Ian Bennett" <ibennett@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ibennett@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Group,
           Pardon my ignorance but why was the session password
    feature implemented?? I maybe missing something but all it seems
    to be doing is causing problems.
           I too am keen to get this working as it is me whom Steve is
    trying to support on an upcoming trek.

    Ian
    VK1IAN

    On 07/05/12 20:03, Steve wrote:

        Hello again,

        Server is 1.6.5
        Client is 1.5.8
        FLDigi 3.21.40 compiled from patched sources from pskmail
        download site.

        Problem 1:
        The sorry, wrong password problem is still there.
        Initially I thought that a password was optional, so left it
        out. Always
        got the "sorry, wrong password" without it, so I set it in the
        client
        (preference -> edit -> user data -> session password) and did
        an update
        server. I still get "sorry, wrong password".

        So, I thought that maybe that part of the client is broken, so
        I just
        tried via :SETPASSWORD. This time the server replied :-
        Sorry, not allowed...
        Password not changed!

        Obviously no one else is having this problem, so could someone
        point me
        to the part of rflinkusers.pl <http://rflinkusers.pl> this
        session password update is handled?
        Is it actually called findupassword in the code?
        I'd like to do some debugging as this is driving me mad ;-)

        Problem 2:
        I keep getting the server and client talking over the top of
        each other.
        The server and client are right next to each other and the signal
        strength is excellent. Any hints how to stop this?

        I really want this to work :-(