[pskmail] Re: Other digital modes for PSKMail

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:18:10 +0100

One of my next projects will be memory arq (you will find some code is already
present in
the sources...).

One of the problems with memory arq and psk is the varicode, which generates
certain effects
during qrm/qrn. Often the number of characters in the block will be wrong. That
is why
memory arq at bit level is not effective.

What I have been testing is memory arq at character level. This makes use of
certain redundancies
in the header/CRC information. What you do is store a copy of the wrong packet.
When you receive this block again, and it is again wrong you try to reconstruct
the packet by combining
parts from both by looking at the start and the beginning of the blocks. That
also works
for punctured blocks with holes in the middle. This still needs a lot of work
but it is on the agenda....

73,

Rein Pa0R

--