[pskmail] Re: N5ALE

  • From: Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 20:48:00 -0400

Fred Reiselt wrote:
The last several days, I have been copying the N5ALE server hourly beacon well for several hours per day on 30 meters, until he locked it onto 20 meters. I think there are some different definitions of frequency in use. That could be part of the problem. There is the server center frequency, and there is the frequency that the radio is tuned. The default audio frequency is 1000 Hz so the radio must be tuned to 1 kHz below the server center frequency, if you use the 1000 Hz default. Some folks are listing the server center frequency on the wiki and others are listing the radio frequency. Confusion has resulted. Perhaps that is part of the problem.

73,
Fred
wb5con

Ed wrote:
I am still unable to either ping or connect to the server on 14.076. I do not copy the beacon either. I noticed one other east coast ham trying to either connect and/or ping. I have no idea as to what the problem may be. I have only copied the beacon once for about 10 minutes on 30 meters.

I feel confident that fldigi is setup properly, I have used the software from .9 something as an alpha tester.

Using the livecd the pskmail client is easily setup and as far as I know is working correctly.

Any ideas

Ed W3NR

You may be correct on the frequency idea, but Rich told me in an email that the posted qrg was the rig vfo frequency. I set my rig on 14.076 and that made the rx at 14.077.

I was hoping to use either your or Rich's server for a camping trip the end of this month. But at the present that does not seem to be a doable.

Ed W3NR