[pskmail] Re: Livecd & saveit

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 12:15:48 +0200

Attached is the latest version of saveit.pl.

It does the following:

* It calls ~/pskmailutilities/saveit.sh to compress the files to be
savedand put the pskmailperm.tar.gz in the ~/guest directory
* It makes a list of registered storage devices in /mnt/
* It looks in those storage devices for a file pskmailperm.tar.gz in the
root of the device
* As soon as it finds such a file it uses that device to move the
pskmailperm.tar.gz file form ~/guest to the device.

You have to initialize the device you want to use to save the data.
You do this by doing a 'touch pskmailperm.tar.gz' in the root of the
wanted device.

The way this works, it does not matter what the device is called, as
long as it is mounted under /mnt

To get this to work, just copy this file over the one on the live CD (in
pskmailutilities) and store it (using itself).
You may have to change the ICON on the desktop (which will also be
stored). Of course you have to use getit.pl to restore the data after
reboot.

Hope this helps,

(I use a second partition on my 2 GB memory stick to store the
information).
(you can also use a windows vfat partition to save your data)