[pskmail] Re: ICOM 7200

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 16:58:37 +0200 (CEST)

All correct, PI4TUE server is running a 7200 with only a USB cable.
The TRX is a nice rugged piece...

Rein PA0R

I have a friend who in January will be sailing across Atlantic. I am looking for radio for him, including use of PSKMail. Icom 7200 looks very tempting, and I understand that even some servers running it.
Questions:
1/ I read that IC7200 sound card has sampling at 48,000Hz which may create a problem with PSK, is that true?? any problem running PSK500??
2/ I am  always looking for simplicity. I understand that IC7200 can be connected to computer via USB cable and we can have control of the frequences ( in scanning modes) , etc as well as sound card, so the only connection that is required is USB cable, is that correct? if so , that is a simplest possible solution.

Thanks is advance
Robert
KB2PNM