[pskmail] ICOM 7200

  • From: Robert Krasowski <rkrasowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 07:50:14 -0700 (PDT)

I have a friend who in January will be sailing across Atlantic. I am looking
for radio for him, including use of PSKMail. Icom 7200 looks very tempting, and
I understand that even some servers running it.

Questions:
1/ I read that IC7200 sound card has sampling at 48,000Hz which may create a
problem with PSK, is that true?? any problem running PSK500??
2/ I am  always looking for simplicity. I understand that IC7200 can be
connected to computer via USB cable and we can have control of the frequences (
in scanning modes) , etc as well as sound card, so the only connection that is
required is USB cable, is that correct? if so , that is a simplest possible
solution.

Thanks is advance

Robert

KB2PNM