[pskmail] Re: Email routing

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:00:04 +0200

Hi Sven,

normally pskmail needs no routing, it uses your mailbox on the internet as a
mail store.
You can reach your mail store from any server, it does not make a difference
whether
you are in the US or in Australia.

When there is no internet your local server (for me this can be Eindhoven,
Sardinia or Stockholm)
has a local mailbox (PA0R@SM0RWO). This mailbox does not send the mail
anywhere, it keeps it locally.

In EmComm mode, client-to-client messaging is possible. In that case the
routing is
done by the operator(s).

I am considering adding an HF server-to-server store-and-forward protocol,
first ideas are
on paper. There are numerous examples of how routing can be done in that case
(BBS routing protocol e.g.).
But this does not have a high priority, as the normal case is to talk to a
server which is
connected to the internet, and there routing is already established. To reach
you I only have to address
the email to Sven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Pskmail uses POP, no push-mail.

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com