[pskmail] Re: Email Problems

  • From: "Eric W. Davenport" <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 10:26:22 -0500

Hi Greg,

Thank You. That was the call. I have been unable to do anything further.

I will have to try someone else the KB2 is a little close to me to reach on 30.

I will ping and see who responds with a good report.

73,

Eric

On 1/31/2012 8:31 PM, Greg wrote:
Hi. Is it ab9ft? He has email disabled last I checked with him. Maybe that is the issue?

Greg

On 01/30/2012 09:06 AM, Eric Davenport wrote:
Good Morning,

I too am experiencing email problems.

I can hook up to the station in Wisconsin 100%. (I am at work and do not recall the Call)

It says I do not have email yet I can confirm that I have email in the box waiting for me from another computer.

I do not use my pskmail computer for email so I do not have email client set up on it. Maybe that is what I is wrong.

When sending email I get a wrong user and password error which is a little clearer since I use to get an error that said to check a line on a pl unit on the server which is a bit difficult for me. I think I saw a 587 in the error message. Maybe that is the problem since my email processor uses that port.

I can get messages, I downloaded a list of APRS stations around me.

I do not use gmail as I manage my email on a private server.

I have looked all over the pskmail site for anything that could help me.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it

Thank You

--
Eric W. Davenport
Cert-In Software Systems, Inc.