[pskmail] Re: BPSK-500 mode in U.S.

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:20:36 +0100

Hi Fred,

Disabling PSK500 is simple:

enter a statement in .pskmail/pskmailrc.pl:
@MODE = qw (PSK250R PSK250);

The server will now automatically switch to PSK250 mode after connect,
and use PSK250R as backoff mode.

When you don't want speed switching, use e.g.:
@MODE = qw (PSK250 PSK250);
Then the mode will remain PSK250.

With server 0.9.28 session setup can occur in any available mode,
server 0.9.28 will automatically switch to the mode pair set on the
server...

The latest client release (0.3.9) will sort out the
RSID switching automatically, i.e. RSID TX on for connect request
frames, RSID RX on during a session so the server can
control the speed (Mode).

You may want to wait for the new PSKR (FEC + interleaver) modes
coming to fldigi soon before you activate speed switching, although:
@MODE = qw (MFSK32 PSK250);
will give you excellent results...

--
Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>