[projectaon] Re: game rules ogl?

  • From: James Durrant <james.durrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:54:53 +0100

HiWelcome to the world of the Kai!Unfortunately, at AON we only have the rights
to publish the as-is content of the original books onto the internet.This does
extend to curating the books to improve spelling & punctuation, and add clarity
- but not to change the story in any way.Fan fiction is generally supported by
Joe, and I am sure you will find many examples of it on the internet - but we
are not able to provide any legal advice on this in any form.The best way to be
safe is to seek your own council, and/or to contact Joe directly.If you reach
the point where you have private material available you would like to share
with him, we may be able to help with putting him in contact with you.Hope this
helps,James.

From: pamail.cgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: b1g0leb0b@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [projectaon] game rules ogl?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 07:11:07 -0700

The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
From: bob kalin b1g0leb0b@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 14:11:07 on Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Subject: game rules ogl?

In this age of 'digital publication' such as the internet, legalities are
closer to exposure than in previous times. I am writing an amature game book
on my computer. I would love to use the system used within the lone wolf game
books. Simply put I am asking for permission to use it in my game book. If
not then thats okay. I love your game books. There well written and verry
balanced between the 'game' aspect and storytelling. I would love to see them
remade in a freeform much like the old 'Fabled Lands' gamebooks.