[projectaon] Re: Year Errata

  • From: Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:07:13 -0400 (EDT)

From the introduction to 17tdoi:

"Several months later, however, as the year was drawing to a close, Lord Rimoah came unexpectedly to the Kai Monastery seeking an urgent audience."

Later in the introduction, the season is described as "...with winter already so far advanced...", so I'd take that as a pretty good indication that the year ends/begins midwinter.

Cheers,
Ben

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Jonathan Blake wrote:

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Thomas Wolmer <angantyr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was also checking around and I agree. 16tlov and 17tdoi do fit in
the same year as 15tdc, and 18dotd is clearly not in the same year as
17tdoi provided that the new year starts in the middle of the winter.
19wb also puts 18dotd in 5077 (three years befOre 5080).

What is our reason to believe that the year begins midwinter? I didn't
quite follow.