[projectaon] Re: Year Errata

  • From: Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:23:16 -0400 (EDT)

Well, I just checked the introductions of all the books, and it does seem like 15tdc takes place early enough in 5076 (i.e., late winter) that we wouldn't have an inconsistency problem if we changed the introductions to 16tlov and 17tdoi to have them take place in 5076 as well. The only alternative would be to put 18dotd in 5078, but then, as you pointed out, we'd have to change the introductions to all the NO books.

I vote for changing 16tlov and 17tdoi to 5076.

Ben

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Simon Osborne wrote:

Hi

The following issue was just posted to the forum:

"Books 16, 17 and 18 all started with the SsF section saying that it is the year MS 5077. It doesn't work: book 16 is taking place in summer and book 17 in fall, so how come book 18 could take place in winter/spring of the very same year of the two preceding books? We know that Magnamund changes year in fall/winter like us (SsF of book 15 tells us that book 14 starts on the day of the "first fall of winter snow" and that a new year started nearly immediatly after the end of that adventure) and that all the NO books mention the attack of the dragons in MS 5077. I think the correct thing to do is to change the date of books 16 and 17 to MS 5076 (I'm pretty sure that's what is written in my copies, even if they are French versions). "

Thomas, or anyone else better than I am with timelines and whatnot, is this a valid change to make? Or is there a better solution?

(I just re-spun Book 20 because of errors in the Table of Illustrations. Fixed now.)