[projectaon] Re: The Lone Wolf Club Newsletters

  • From: "David Davis" <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <adrian.jankowiak@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:41:27 -0000

Hi Adrian,
Simon scanned a lot of these Newsletters from my collection.
Back when I was a little boy, I'd often cut out an order form from that quarter's Newsletter, and persaude my mum to write me a cheque to pay for a signed copy of the latest Lone Wolf book :) ... unfortunately that would mean that whatever was on the reverse side of the order form also got cut out and sent away to Beaver Books, never to be seen again! Usually there was nothing much interesting on the back
of the order form, but occasionally it would be something important
(I particular remember story about what happened to Grey Star after War of the Wizards
being in that category!)

DAVID

----- Original Message ----- From: "Simon Osborne" <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: 07:26:25 on Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subject: The Lone Wolf Club Newsletters

Hello!
I have two questions about the club Newsletters:
- In this section you write, that 20 pages of the Newsletters are still missing. Some pages you still name as missing appear in the Newsletters!? Are these pages "wrong" or incomplete or why do they still appear as missing pages? - In Newsletter 7, page 10 where the order-forms are printed, one form is printed over the other. Does this mistake also appear in the original Newsletter or was it wrongly scanned?
Best wishes and thanks in advance
Adrian

Hi Adrian

The missing newsletter pages can either be completely absent or, more usually, only partly missing, due to forms having been cut out of the originals that we scanned. Sometimes we've been able to approximate some of the information that appeared in the missing sections, such as scans of any of the books' covers, to try to make the newsletters as accurate as possible. But sadly we are still missing information from 20 pages across the 36 newsletters.

Also note that the page numbers we list as missing are the page numbers of the original newsletters; because we have put a title page at the front of each newsletter, these are off by 1 in the pdfs. For example, Newsletter 4 is missing parts of pages 5 and 6; in our pdf version, that means parts of pages 6 and 7. Sorry for the confusion!

I've had a look at the problem you pointed out in Newsletter #7, and the problem is not present in the source file, so I have no idea why the pdf was messed up! I've recreated the pdf and the layout for this page is now correct.

If you happen to spot any other problems, please tell us about them and we'll endeavour to get them fixed as soon as we are able, depending on how much free time any of us have.

For Sommerlund and the Kai!