[projectaon] Re: Souvenir font?

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 22:57:16 +0000

On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 at 06:50 Michael Terry <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Aha! There is another font, called Sunset, which looks identical to
Souvenir. It's sold by a different foundry with much more reasonable terms.

http://www.fontspring.com/fonts/fontsite/sunset

Their web license is unmetered and only costs $30 for the whole Sunset
family.

Thanks for looking into this. Sorry to be late to the discussion.

Project Aon already has a "Preview and Print" license for the ITC Souvenir
Light and Demi OpenType fonts which means we can use it in graphics, PDFs,
and such, but not via as a web font. We haven't used it very extensively so
far.

What does everyone think? Once we publish The Omega Zone, should we take
the time to try Sunset?