[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 12) -- Footnote Frenzy (Part I)

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 21:50:10 +0100

On 13/08/2011 13:30, Simon Osborne wrote:

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/17tdoi/title.htm>

(er) Many: [JD: Is Ixiataaga undead? Do you get the Sommerswerd bonus
when in combat against him?]
[jb: I always assumed that Ixiataaga was undead - he looks like a
reanimated skeleton after all. But then when I went to add a footnote
about it, I looked for a reference to back up the footnote. I never
found one. This probable misconception about Ixiataaga being undead may
need a footnote itself.]

Further to this one...

The following text about Ixia is taken from the Mongoose RPG (2004) on page 208:

"Once a thriving civilisation belonging to an unknown Old Race, the Deathlord called upon foul powers beyond the Veil in Daziarn and, to the detriment of all in his kingdom, was answered. The resulting wave of oblivion stole the life from everyone in the Deathlord's city of Xaagon and for a hundred miles around. When the wave passed, there was not a single heartbeat in the entire kingdom. Yet no one actually died.

"Since that fateful day, the Deathlord has rules over his eternal subjects, forcing them to burrow into the ice and erect endless tombs and monuments to his power. As trapped by the wave of unlife as his people, Ixiataaga has researched the lore of death and magic for ten millennia and has learned more about the arcane than any creature that has ever walked the face if Magnamund."

In view of this, I would say that Ixiataaga is indeed undead.