[projectaon] Re: New Order Book 24: Rune War available for scanning & OCRing

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:40:15 -0700

Good evening. I have in my possession the New Order Book no. 24 ("Rune War") - published by Red Fox. I understand that you need books 24-28; so, I am able and (more than) willing to scan and OCR it as soon as possible. Please advise on how to proceed. :-)

Thank you for being willing to work on this. Just start scanning in the text. Some guidelines are given on this page:

http://www.projectaon.org/en/Sanctum/Howto-transcribe

Let me add that if you can send all of the text at once, that's great,
but any little bit helps. Volunteers tend to get burned out if their
expectation for themselves is unrealistic. Then they don't send in
what they have done (perhaps out of embarrassment), thereby wasting
their work. Believe me, no one here will get on your case for lacking
time.

In light of that, I want to try something new. How about you plan on
sending us the first 70 numbered sections. Once that's done, we'll
decide how to go from there.

Send me a response and we'll consider the job yours. :)

A big "thank you" to the entire community for all the work you have put into this project; your dedication is an inspiration to us Lone Wolf fans all over the world!

And a big "you're very welcome" right back at you. And thank you again for your willingness to help. If you have any questions, just ask.

For Sommerlund and the Kai,

Jonathan Blake