[projectaon] Re: Mentora bonus

  • From: "David Davis" <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:19:12 +0100

I dismiss it out of hand!
Since Weaponmastery (with a Bow) already gives +3 on the RNT,
this bizarrely literal over-interpretation of the wording would mean that
upon reaching the rank of Mentora, your bonus reduced to +2!

This would flatly contradict the introductory text in the Improved Discipline section: "As you rise through the higher levels of Magnakai training you will find that some of your skills will steadily improve."

The improvement in this case is a further bonus (+2).

-----Original Message----- From: Jonathan Blake
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:45 PM
To: Project Aon List
Subject: [projectaon] Mentora bonus

I'm going to start a fresh thread to decide whether or not we need to
footnote the Mentora bonus (or at least adjust our Grand Weaponmastery
footnote) to note the possibility that the Mentora bonus when using a
Bow is replaced with the bonus for Weaponmastery with a Bow. How
credible is this option?