[projectaon] Re: Magnamund Companion Map of Durenor Pg 101

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:32:30 -0800

On 7/31/07, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, these town names are definitely listed in the Mongoose RPG, which is why
> added them to the Appendix 'Expanded map' with lots of extra labels. Now it
> turns out they are likely fanfiction in origin. Oh . . . /bother/ . . .

This brings up the question of just how canonical the Mongoose RPG is.
It inhabits a strange quasi-authoritative middle ground where fan
fiction gets the blessing of Joe Dever. There are definitely things in
there that if taken as purely canonical would sow havoc in our efforts
to create consistency.

Any objections if we make the fix, but note where we got this information?