[projectaon] Re: Magnamund Companion Map of Durenor Pg 101

  • From: "Thomas Wolmer" <angantyr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 06:38:42 +0200

2007/7/31, Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On 7/30/07, pamail.cgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <pamail.cgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello, I created the villages of Trelesk and Durwood.  The PA version map
> > on page 101 has them at incorrect locations.  Could you please contact me
> > privately so we can discuss if there is a way to rectify this on a future
> > version of the Magnamund Companion map?   Of course, the work PA does is
> > absolutely spectacular and if this is not possible, I understand completely.
> > Many thanks,
>
> Just to PA list: Interesting. I wasn't aware that we had added labels
> to the maps. If this is true, and these villages are fan fiction, then
> we need to remove the labels.

We have the expanded map in the MC, where we have added labels to
towns, islands, lakes etc. that are visible but unlabelled on the
original map.

In this case I think that Trelesk and Durwood may be fan-fiction towns
from the LW ERPG that somehow made their way into the D20 RPG (I don't
have it, but I remember people noting that this had happened), and
from there to our map... though lots of the info in the RPG is said to
be based on Joe's original notes, maybe we shouldn't use it as a base
for our "expanded" material.

--
Thomas