[projectaon] Re: Lone Wolf Books

  • From: Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:15:59 +1200

On 23/04/13 15:08, Timothy Pederick wrote:

Hi John,

On 19 Apr 2013 02:56, you wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I was wondering if I could purchase a complete run of the
> Lone Wolf books from you, for my son?

Unfortunately, this isn't possible. We're a volunteer effort, producing online copies of the original books. Physical books are only available second-hand, or from the newly-announced publisher (which is a long story in itself) once they start printing them.

That said, we'd hate to turn you down flat when we might offer an alternative. It's possible to print out our online editions, and with the services of a professional print shop, you could turn them into bound copies ready to give to your son.

The main issue there is that we don't currently produce print-ready (PDF) files for most of the books. Ensuring the layout is just right takes time and isn't easily automated. But if you're interested, we'd be happy to help you make decent print-outs from our web versions.

Let us know what you think,

--
Tim Pederick
On behalf of Project Aon

I feel its worth clarifying that Tim's advice is referring specifically to obtaining physical (paperback) versions of the books.

If you are interested in obtaining an electronic version (i.e. e-book) for your son's Kindle/Nook/Kobo/other e-reader (or equivalent PC/smart-phone application), then many of the more popular formats can be downloaded for free via http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/AllOfTheBooks