[projectaon] Re: I can help with Slaughter Mountain Run and The Omega Zone books.

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: benjaminkross27@xxxxxxxxx, projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:19:02 +0000

On 20/01/2015 17:07, pamail.cgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
    From: Ben Ross
    Date: 17:07:01 on Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Subject: I can help with Slaughter Mountain Run and The Omega Zone books.

I own the first three Freeway Warrior books and noticed that 2 and 3
are not published yet. So I was wondering if I could help with
transcribing them or possibly sending pictures from the book. I love
this site and want to help in any way I can.

Thanks, Ben.

Hi Ben

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Many of us are afflicted with "real life" from time to time. ;-)

Thanks for offering to help with the two Freeway Warrior books. We're in a fortunate position not to need any help scanning the illustrations. The illustrator Brian Williams actually sent us copies of his original illustrations for the books, which are larger than the published images, so we are scanning those in and slowly making them ready for use.

Not too many Lone Wolf fans seem to have read the Freeway Warrior books, so any input or feedback you can give would be appreciated. We have a half-finished version of Slaughter Mountain Run here:

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/fw/02smr/title.htm>

Or, if you prefer it all in one document:

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/fw/02smr/title.htm>

Only fourteen of the twenty large illustrations used in Slaughter Mountain Run are currently done, and none of the thirteen smaller illustrations yet, but we're definitely getting there. We've done a lot of clean-up to the text, fixing typos, correcting rules oversights and whatnot, and we also have a short list of reported issues with the text here:

<http://www.projectaon.org/en/Errata/SlaughterMountainRun>

What would be very helpful would be if you can play through the book as linked above a few times and report any typos or problems. Also, if you can make some suggestions for where the small illustrations should be placed, that would be helpful. Currently five of the thirteen have not been placed at all, and some of the others might be better placed in different sections. (Click the Errata link above, then scroll down to the "Small Illustrations" table for our rough ideas so far.)

You may find it easier to contribute if you join the Mailing List <http://www.projectaon.org/en/Sanctum/Howto-join> It's not exactly a high-volume list, though sometimes it can get quite busy. The archives for the past eleven years are available on the Freelists site: <//www.freelists.org/archives/projectaon/>

Once again, thank you for offering to help with making these somewhat rare books available online for fellow and future fans of Joe Dever.

For Cal Phoenix and DC1!