[projectaon] Re: Freeway Warrior

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 23:39:25 +0000

Greetings, Alan.

One thing to keep in mind with the books is that they use British English
spellings, and we keep them that way, even in these books which take place
in America. Sometimes it seems odd to American eyes (like mine), but a lot
of the typos you found are actually legitimate spellings. This is
especially important if running a spell checker. :)

Removing the issues that you reported that we can attribute to British
spellings, we're left with the following, I believe.

equipmnt.htm the the the duplicated word in footnote #1
footnotz.htm the the the duplicated word in footnote #1

Agreed that these should be fixed, of course. :)

sect213.htm counterfire counter fire

This brings up an interesting issue. The word "counterfire" is a legitimate
word, but as far as I can tell, it usually means fire that's intended to
destroy enemy weapons. If so, I'm not sure it applies here.

Does anyone know better?

Thanks, Alan.